Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Spinning Lady


This has been going around the net for a while but it seems I’ve just found out about it. A friend sent it to me the other day and we have been going back and forth about its accuracy.

Check it out and let me know which way she spins. Sorry, I was too lazy to figure out how to get the animation working in the post, so you'll just have to click on the link below!


For me, she switches back and forth, probably 60 percent of the time she is spinning clockwise, if I’m actually working she spins counterclockwise. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not. Does that mean that I’m not working in my default state and I’m forcing myself to do things that don’t come naturally? Or does it mean that I’m stretching my rightbrain/leftbrain patterns? Or maybe just that I can switch between left and right brain easily? Or does it mean that this whole thing is just kind of fun to look at and doesn’t really mean anything? I’m going with the later.

The test’s I’ve taken put me firmly in the middle ground of leftbrain/rightbrain thinking which is kind of interesting.

Don’t know if this has any meaning or not but I’m also an INTJ. It seems every company has to give me the test, even though I can tell them what the outcome will be. Oh well, it’s their dime. So does the INTJ thing contradict or validate the spinning lady? Don’t know, but she’s fun to look at.

6 comments:

S. Baboo said...

Interesting, I just think it's an excuse to look at the woman's figure.

skoshi said...

T and I both see her as clockwise, but then, when I looked at her feet only, I saw her as counter clockwise, then she began swinging back and forth. I was waiting for the back flips to start. I've never has a test for right brain, left brain, so I can't say if it's accurate. Just wondering how the test was validated? Or, maybe Baboo is right.

SWTrigal said...

I see her only anti-cockwise, which doesn't make sense cause I am an ENFJ..basically Mark, I think you have too much time on your hands.
:)

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

The INTJ thing isn't supposed to be used to make big decisions. I hope nobody is doing that. She was clockwise for me and then I looked up for a second and then she was counter-clockwise. Hmmm.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

PS: Type inventories (INTJ) can change over time. Don't be afraid to take it every so often to see what kind of results you get. There are several online. Just google "Myers-Brigs type inventory"

pigol said...

ciao guarda il mio blogg http://donne-uomini.blogspot.com/