Monday, April 7, 2008

My new love...


Okay, is this weird or what? My dish washer has been freaking out, grinding, gurgling and not cleaning well for about a year. It works fine if I pre-wash all the dishes and turn it on after everyone goes to bed.

Well, Saturday morning I decided to go to Appliance liquidators just to check out their dishwashers. One of the owners helped me choose a model and quoted me a really good price, so I decided to take the plunge and buy it. The new dishwasher has a disposal, time delay, heater, low water use and it’s really big inside.

The installation was very easy and it was up and running in about 1.5 hours. I decided to run a load of dishes through it and Wow! This thing is quiet, so quite that I had to check on it several time just to be sure it was on and working. How exciting is that? Okay, so is it weird to want to have dirty dishes so I can run them through the dish washer and marvel at how quiet and efficient it is? I love this thing!

Oh, if you are looking for new appliances, checkout appliance liquidators. The dishwasher was about $200 cheaper that it was at Lowes.

Okay, so maybe I need to get a life.

4 comments:

SWTrigal said...

Imagine what your retired world is going to look like! I'm just sayin'..

skoshi said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm currently the dishwasher in my house....
BTW, Millie called. Thanks for giving her my number. She sounds exactly the same, and it was really nice to hear her voice and talk to her.
In talking to her, I realized I might know your Auntie better than you do....
:)

Podium quest said...

That is actually really cool. I hate our dishwasher. We have to prewash them. What's the use of a dish washer if I have to pre wash them? Might as well take...oh never mind. You just struck a pet peve of mine. I'd buy a new dishwasher too if I hadn't picked up 3 bikes & 1 set of wheels since Jan. I'm trying to build a massive bike and part storage area like yours. LOL.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Okay, I'm late commenting, but I just read this. Truly, a well-running appliance is a joy to behold. We're going to replace most of ours when Mini baboo leaves. (He's pretty much saboutaged the ones we've got.)