Monday, November 2, 2009

Getting ready for B2B

It’s been a fun few months getting ready for the Beach to Battleship iron distance race and I’m about as ready for it as I can be.

I feel like I’m in pretty good shape, but my low swim yardage makes me nervous. This is the first year I haven’t consistently been swimming masters, though I have been swimming a couple of times per week, It’s just not the same without someone on deck keeping you honest.

For the record, I’ve done 4 century rides, many 70-80 mile rides. One marathon, one Ultra marathon, the hard leg of the Colorado relay which totals 23 miles, and have been consistently running 20 mile runs. Oh, and don’t forget all those bricks! All that has to be worth something come Ironman time, right?

The bikes are loaded and most of the gear is heading out to NC. As I write this Margaret and Cory are just outside of Amarillo heading towards Groom Texas. You just couldn’t ask to be associated with nicer people! Big thanks to you guys, you rock!!!

Now I just need to get my butt(preferentially healthy an rested) to the start line. .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do good!

Flamin' Mo said...

the low swim mileage wasn't a problem with the tide propelling us the whole way! You did great!