Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Slow Start

This season, like many others has really been off to a slow start, if it’s not one thing it’s another! Every year I say I’m going to get a great start on the season and almost every year something comes up.

This year I had a Hernia operation, and while the operation and recovery aren’t necessary that bad the pre-operation slowdown was horrible. It’s been exactly two months since the discovery of “Ernie” (as he has been affectingly nick named) and I’m just now getting back into the swing of things. Next week I’ll start on my normal training load.

This weekends easy bricks were pretty tough on me and the scar formally known as Ernie. I’ve had this persistent muscle pain/spasm in my side since the surgery and on the bike ride it decided to start acting up. Wow, that was rough. Guess I did a little too much too soon. Oh well what’s a triathlete to do?

Funny thing: Before the surgery the Doc said he wouldn’t put any restrictions on me after two weeks of the surgery. He said it wouldn’t do any good anyway, “triathletes are always pushing their bodies to the limit”. Funny guy, he’s a runner…

3 comments:

SWTrigal said...

Stop the presses! Mark is blogging..hey that sucks about the muscle spasms. when do you see the doc again?

Bones said...

I'm done seeing him, he's already given me the okay to do "anything I feel like doing". But, I'll go back if the muscle spasms start up again. So far they have been much worse than the actual surgery.

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

you should take pictures. for the blog. the healing hernia...