Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tired Triathlete


Lots o’ stuff in the works!

This is what the schedule looks like for the next few months! I’m going to be busy!

Officially start training for IMAZ Start Training Aug 1st Race Date November 23rd
Socorro Chile Harvest Tri ; Club Championship August 9th
F1 Triathlon August 23rd
Colorado Relay 170 mile run September 12-13
Elephant Man Tri September 28th – First gig as a USAT official – If I pass the test!
Palo Duro Trail Run 50k October 18th
IMAZ November 23rd
Possibly the Las Vegas December 07 Depending on peer pressure!

So it looks like I’m making up for the lack of racing at the beginning of the year and have a very full schedule until the end of the year. The good thing is that I’ve maintained a pretty good level of fitness going into the IMAZ training so the initial work load shouldn’t be too bad. But, I have to admit, that I’m pretty nervous about the all the upcoming events and getting through them injury free. I’m mostly worried about my foot, when I started training for the Bataan Memorial Marathon it started acting up and I had to pull out of the run. I’m hoping that I’ve built up enough base miles so the increased work load won’t break anything. Time will tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oof, you *are* going to be busy! I'm impressed. Injury free training cycle, yep, that's sometimes harder to maintain than the actual workouts.... I can't wait to keep reading your blog - as a new triathlete (after, ironically, one too many injuries from 9 years of hard running), I'm inspired.

Sluggo said...

That is a busy schedule...Injury free mojo sent your way.