Thursday, July 31, 2008

Getting chicked


I was chicked again yesterday morning. This girl wasn’t really Michellie Jones (who can pass me in her sleep) but wow, did she have some quads. This is the second time she has passed me on my commute to work and she just blows by me like I’m standing still. She’s all smug on her pink bike with the aero bars, okay maybe I couldn’t see her smirk but I can imagine it. Granted I had just done a 6 mile run plus a leg workout and was about 8 miles into my commute, not to mention that I had the flu and knee surgery. Just kidding about the last two things but I have to do something for my crushed ego. :) It doesn’t bother me that I got chicked, it bothers me that I got passed! Darn it! It’s a commute not a race, maybe Wingman is rubbing off on me.

Anyway, I wonder who she is. Maybe one day I’ll be able to catch her and ask.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
skoshi said...

Umm--going to post a comment, but someone is snarfing on your space...

BTW--there's a Wingman in all of us...

S. Baboo said...

I have gotten much better at letting myself get passed on my morning rides in to work. I just keep telling myself to ride my ride and let them ride their ride but it is gratifying to pass someone back because they are working hard and can't maintain the pace.

Susi said...

smug on a pink bike - is that possible?!

hilarious post!

(found you thorugh SWtrigals site.)

Podium quest said...

Maybe you should draft on her all the way to work. My wife always tells me before a race "grab a butt & chase it." If the girls who's smoking you has a decent tush it could be a win win. A good draft to work & a great butt to watch on the way there.