Friday, December 28, 2007

What a year

It’s almost a new year and looking back on ’07 I’ve come to realize that I had quite a year.

The first of the year I got together with Lorna and its been great ever since!

I took first place in my age group for the second year in a row for the Club Championship. Hopefully I made a little contribution to the overall success of our club’s winning season.



April: Foot surgery for Hallux Limitus

The Doc said “you’ll be able to walk out of the hospital after the surgery” What she really meant was that I could hop out on one foot. The “back on my feet” after the stitches are removed was really you can tenderly put some weight on your foot. The “You will be able to walk normally after a month” was really- you’ll need to wear very wide shoes for two months and you will be a total gimp for the whole time. Oh and she forgot to mention the "Don't forget, you'll need to throw away the $500 dollars in bike shoes because your foot won't fit into them anymore" sentence.


Anyway, enough whining, I did an Ironman four months after the surgery so I consider the surgery a complete success. From what I understand the recovery was actually pretty quick, just not quick enough for me!



August: the first annual Ironman Louisville. MG said to me “how often do you get to do an inaugural Ironman? “ I was sold, I signed up as soon as the race opened. Who thought August in Louisville would be 90+ degrees and 70+ percent humidity? Not I. However, as soon as I got out of the medical tent ,for dehydration, I came to realize that hot + humid was a bad combination for me and I should stick to cooler races. So I'm signed up for IMAZ in November - it should be fairly cool and the humidity level should be prettly low.

September: New Job! I left my old position as the Manager of Information Systems to become a Network manager. Technically a step down, but much more technical, more money better hours, it's more suited to my interestes, and the environment suites me better.

September: Got to see my relatives from Hawaii for the first time in almost ten years! Oh, and I’m the tallest one in the family! :)


September: Son Breaks his arm, Daughter totals car .



Yep, September has been a busy month!

That’s about it, not much happened the rest of the year and I’m just hanging on to see what next year brings.

3 comments:

SWTrigal said...

Mark-YOU started blogging!! Yea! I just found it..
I remember the breaking of the arm (poor little guy) and that picture of the foot surgery is too much information.
Welcome to blogworld!
:)

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

You're the tall one in your family? What a coincidence. I'm the short one in my family.

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

sigh.

I didn't even know you were asian. Much less from Hawaii.

I mean, it's not like your name gives any clues. It's Scottish.

here's to a really fun '08!