Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Bones, The red nosed triathlete


Can’t shake this darn cold!

It’s been more than a week and I’m still feeling under the weather, this darn cold just won’t go away! Maybe it’s all the parties I’ve gone to, or all the working out I’ve been doing, maybe it’s the extra hours I’ve been putting in getting ready for the big server migration, or maybe the extra stress of a new job? NOT!
My schedule for the week: go to bed at 9:30pm, Sleep until 6:00am, go to work, sit all day in front of the computer, go home, eat leftovers, make sure the kids have their chores done. Oh yeah, I did a “long” 8.6 mile run last Sunday, and a fairly fast paced run on the 1st but that’s it, nothing else. I’m talking drugs, emergen-c (raspberry is really good!), eating right (mostly), and I’m still feeing bad. Guess I’m just getting antsy about losing fitness & getting tired of not working out.

4 comments:

SWTrigal said...

mark-i feel your pain-sorry you are sick! Zicam-the nasal spray-really helped me last time I had the bug..it seemed to shorten the length of the cold. Really sucks when you can't workout like you want to-8 mile run ain't to bad for a sick one. hope you are up at your normal waking hour of 4:00 AM soon!
:)

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

how much emergen C are you choking down? you can do up to 5 a day.

Also, in our house, sleep is the cure for pretty much everything. Buckle down, go to bed early. I know, I know. You don't sleep.

Take some sleepy drugs or something - make yourself sleep. I recommend the tylenol nighty-night sleepy stuff.

S. Baboo said...

Hope you feel better soon I thought that run might have blown things out.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Emergen-C is pretty good. I concur with pirate. PS: email me at athenadiaries@gmail.com