Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'll see your 14 miles and raise you to black toe nails


The training for the Palo Duo ultra has officially started. I know this because I now have two black toe nails. It’s an amazing thing, every time I run my first 14 mile run I get two black toenails. Then it’s re-grow them for the next six months. Rinse and repeat.

The cool thing is that I get to gross out my kids when I finally peel off the dead nails. My son was watching me peel off the dead toe nails and he had the whole morbid curiosity thing going on. Like father like son.
Oh, and those aren't my feet pictured, just a picture I found on the web. But amazingly enough, I have the same two toes with black nails.

Yep the training has started!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gack! But I have to laugh at your kids' reaction when you peel them off. Are yours from blood-blisters or just blackened nails? I get those blood-blisters when I get to a certain weekly mileage, and whoa, those are painful....

Podium quest said...

Nice! Good to see your sharing the fun with your son too. Great family fun.

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

coward - post your own toes!!!

I love family moments too ;-)