Friday, August 15, 2008

Running at night



We went on our first group run last night in preparation for the Colorado Relay. Some folks think it’s a good idea to actually train and prep for the races you are signed up for and with this race it’s probably a good idea to do some proper training. So off we went to run in the dark. I’m not sure running in the dark was much fun but it was sure nice to run with a group of folks. The trail sure looks a lot different at night, and it even sounds different, guess it’s all the night critters coming out. Even the coyotes sound mare eerie in the darkness.

This Sunday we get to run the foot hills and that should be a lot of fun! Oh wait, I think there was a reason I avoid ‘em. If I remember correctly they HURT, guess my memory will be refreshed on Sunday.

Darn, my legs are still tired from last weekend!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Running those hills sounds brutal. I've never run at night, does it effect how hard it is (i.e looking out for obstacles, etc)? Some of my friends did the "Reach the Beach" relay and did the same thing to prep. Running with friends sounds good to ward off the night animals.

Podium quest said...

You guys are insane. I struggle now to injuse myself running in the day when I
can see perfectly.