Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Not much going on right now, just work, kids, girlfriend, dog and housekeeping. Pretty much in that order. Before everyone gets on me about priorities. Right now work needs to come first, without it the other things become non issues. Well, everything but the dog, she’ll probably still hang around if I’m unemployed, after all dog is mans best friend, right?

I’m finally at my pre-sick weight! Now I just need to take off the rest of my winter weight. At the rate I’m going it should be off sometime around March, just in time for the Bataan Memorial Death March Marathon. I really should start training for the marathon, hopefully this weekend I’ll get in a reasonably long run, a nice 12 miler would be a great way to start the training.

Last year I volunteered at the race. Well I didn’t so much volunteer as go down with my girlfriend who officially volunteered. I just got put to work helping out the people that were officially volunteering. Does that mean I volunteered? I’m thinking it does, and I have a volunteer pin to prove it.

The race has intrigued me since I first heard about it and since I couldn’t run (my toe was in full revolt) I thought it would be fun to check it out from the sidelines, I really had a blast, it was a lot of fun to help out and the opening ceremony was spectacular! Talk about a lot of energy in the air!

So this year I’m either going to do the full marathon or the 15 mile “half mary”, it’s going to be a lot of fun! I love to trail run.

Oh, the best part about volunteering with a massage therapist is that you get to park right next to the medical tent, which is about 50 feet from the starting line.

5 comments:

skoshi said...

Goodness! How much weight did you gain? Are you being excessive? Searching for elusive seconds by dropping pounds?
Congrats on the weight loss. Just thinking you might want to be careful and not overdue it right before an endurance event. I've made that mistake before.

Like the new title logo. I'd say you're more along the line of rattley thoughts and disjointed sentences. ha ha ha ha ha.
OK-I'm just being silly :)

Bones said...

I put on about 6 pounds, which is a lot for someone my size & it was getting difficult to button my pants! Now that I've reached a comfortable spot in the weight range I'll start eating a little more and cut back on the loss.

Hummm, I like the rattley thoughts and disjointed sentences, kinda goes along with the whole bones thing.

skoshi said...

Really?

I hadn't noticed.

(Big smiley)

So, what's this you wanted me to do about my blog? Email me. Thanks.

skoshi said...

p.s. does sound a bit like halloween though...

SWTrigal said...

No-the best thing about being with the massage therapist is the massage afterwards-you lucky bastard!
:)